Life at SEK-Dublin
A unique environment for language immersion
SEK-Dublin is the first school in Ireland to be certified by the International Baccalaureate Organisation® to teach its Middle Years Programme.
It is located in Windgates, a charming setting between the sea and the mountains, just 30 km from Dublin. The students stay with carefully selected Irish host-families, guaranteeing language immersion in a warm and genuine atmosphere.
SEK-Dublin International School melds the charm of traditional architecture, the most cutting-edge facilities and wide open spaces:
- School halls: With classrooms equipped with digital whiteboards, a laboratory, multimedia classrooms for technology and robotics, a music classroom, an arts classroom and a drama classroom.
- Sports facilities: With tennis and basketball courts, green areas and football and rugby pitches.
- Intelligent Classroom: Flexible spaces enabling collaboration and team work between students and teachers.
- Central library with more than 3,760 titles in Spanish, English, French and German, students can consult digital editions and access bibliographic resources of interest.
- State-of-the-art technological resources: Campus Wi-Fi, laptops, iPads, digital whiteboards, iMacs and Lego Robotics.
Accommodation with Irish host-families
Irish host-families become the first source of support for students. Living with a family in the host-country is a unique opportunity to get to know their life, customs and culture from within.
- Irish families are rigorously vetted.
- All families offer a stable, welcoming and safe environment.
- We guarantee a continuous monitoring so that the student feels perfectly integrated, and we will always assign the family that best suits each of them.
- Families host one student at a time, easing students' adaptation, and an affectionate home life, establishing lasting bonds of friendship.
SEK places individual freedom above all else
1st SEK Convention, 1969